Thursday, May 3, 2012

April 23, 2012

This week being transfers, our P-day is Monday. The week was successful. Elder Bryant and I continue to work well together and grow together. Although that is ending tomorrow. I am getting a new companion and we will open up a brand new area which has never had missionaries - Vera Cruz. I don´t know too much about the new situation and how everything will work out, but we will live in the same apartment as I live now and have to take a bus to the new area everyday. Our apartment is not very big so it will be cramped with 4 Elders in there. I will certainly write more details next week after I know how things function. The branch in Vera Cruz was organized recently I believe, within the last few months. I am very excited and feel very blessed to have the opportunity to labor in that area.
 
This week flew by. After emailing last week, we ate in a ``cafe colonial´´ - bad idea. They simply bring out sweets, pies, and little ``salgados´´ - salty things. And keep bringing things out until you can´t eat anymore. It was a rare opportunity and one I don´t think I will do again. My body felt slow for the rest of that day and the next. After that, the week went well. We set a few more dates with some people in the month of May. I really hope I can participate in the baptisms of these people, and maybe because we will be living in the area, I will still be able to attend if all goes well. Today, also included in the pictures, is probably the closest I will get to riding a real horse for the duration of my mission. This one was outside of a feed/vet store.
 
I began a list this week of things I notice and perceive will help me and the family I will have in the future. I hope to add to it from time to time with inspired thoughts that will provide firm faith in Jesus Christ, and a home with the influence of the Holy Ghost. I also started a list of things I hope to buy before my flight back to the US. I am not too worried about that list, seeing as I have plenty of time to check things off the list. One of the things I want to do, as soon as I can understand a little better what people are saying, is learn how to make some of the food here. I enjoy it a lot and will look forward to bringing back some traditions.
 
Mom, I hope you are recuperating well and staying obedient. Maybe you can apply 1 Nephi 3:15 to your situation. That you will not return to the tennis court until you have fulfilled the orders the doctor has given you. Dad mentioned you will be going in Wednesday for the knee replacement. I will be praying for you.
 
Friday is going to be a very special day. Elder Jeffrey R. Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles will be visiting our mission and the mission of Brasil Porto Alegre South will be coming to attend as well. I will be anticipating the counsel he will give and seeking inspiration for what the Lord intends my new companion and I to do in our brand new area. What better timing to receive counsel from a special witness of Jesus Christ.
 
The days are zipping by, and today is no different. Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts of support. I know they are being heard and answered. I am growing constantly and consistently I feel.
 
With love and charity,
Elder Graziano
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment