Sunday, July 8, 2012

June 19, 2012


What a quick week. I was in two different areas on wednesday and thursday last week and was able to perceive the difference in areas with missionaries who seek after obedience and those who don´t. It seems the air and attitude of not only the apartment, but the streets is different as well. I enjoy the privilege of having our agency in choosing the outcome of every situation we face. On Sunday, we had 11 investigators at church. What a sight. I gave a talk and to look and see various couples in the seats and some young men and young woman all progressing was incredible. The ward did a great job of incorporating everyone and helping them feel comfortable and understand the procedure of the meetings. It was a huge blessing from the Lord. When I arrived, I heard a lot about the lack help the members generally give the missionaries, but now am able to say that there are many willing to sacrifice and help us move this great work forward.
 
I was studying the word worthiness/worthy the other day and developed a couple thoughts. I first came up with a definition that one who is worthy is one who is deserving of the opportunity to progress. The obedience and level at which we desire the will of the Father in this life will guide to a level of glory. If that level is worthy of celestial glory, we are entitled to the blessings associated. D&C 88:22. D&C 130:20-21.
 
I don´t know if I mentioned it but I am the district leader here in this new area. It is the biggest district in the mission with 6 sets of missionaries. This is why I have been able to do these divisions with other Elders. Also, I was able to do some baptismal inteviews this last week which was a neat experience. Our district has 55 people with dates for baptism marked, some this week and many more the following two weeks. I enjoy being able to converse with these individuals who have accepted the gospel into their lives.
 
Bummer about Elder Peirce. I think the northern part of Brasil has more difficulties with sicknesses and things. This last week wasn´t very cold here. It rained plenty and that doesn´t help clothes dry when you are not at home to pull them off of the line. My thoughts are short this week, I am having trouble thinking in English right now. But I will say that I am very happy to be in this area and even more happy that every day I get to testify of the reality of a Savior and the Restauration of His perfect church in these latter days. I love you all and thank you for the support and prayers.
 
With love and charity,
Elder Graziano
 
The pictures are of Elder Feitoza in suit from Fortaleza, Elder De Jesus from Belem, and a staircase in which after I filmed a Rocky segment at the top. I will try to figure out how to send the video. If I can´t you will have to wait for a little while to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment